Powered by Blogger.

I’m Going to be a Nana

 Monday, August 1, 2011

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

July 18, 2011 I found out that I was going to be a Nana! Our son Josh and his beautiful wife Caitlin are pregnant. To tell us, they sent us a card from "Baby". That afternoon Josh called and asked if I had checked the mail, told me to go check it since he had sent me something. Obediently I walked to the mailbox to see a yellow envelope.  Inside was a card.  When I read the front it said "Get ready to love, laugh and play." At that moment it didn't really sink in. I opened the card and handwritten inside were the words "Dear Nana/Papa" More handwriting which I didn't read immediately and "Love, Baby". Those words I read and I tell you I just had a fit right there at the mailbox. I'm sure my neighbors thought I may be having some kind of medical issues or even a psychotic break. That moment is frozen in my mind and heart and will be for the rest of my life. I tell you I ran back to the house. I usually don't run ANYWHERE!   By the time I reached the house Josh was calling. I am not sure what I said but I will tell you what I felt. That day my life had be forever changed. I'm no longer just a mom...I'm a NANA! 


I cannot wait to hold this precious gift from God in my arms. To read Scripture to him/her, although I'm sure mommy and daddy will beat me to that. I can't wait to look into the eyes of a great gift and speak the love of God over him/her. To make sure this child grows up knowing how much Jesus loves him/her. And how much Nana does. How long I have prayed for him/her. How I've carried the thought of a grandbaby to the Father and asked His favor. To share just how he/she is fearfully and wonderfully made. I can't wait to dance in the living room with him/her to our favorite praise music. I can't wait to break out the glue and glitter and make mommy and daddy homemade cards. To play with play dough and even taste it if so inclined. I can't wait to run in a field of wildflowers so we can pick mommy some that are so special. To rock him/her to sleep in the same chair that I rocked his/her dad and uncle. I can't wait to breathe in the smell that only a baby smells like after a bath. To snuggle up on a cold day and drink homemade hot chocolate and read stories. To listen to the tales of a child. To steal kisses from the nap of that tiny neck where the sweetest kisses live and only a Nana can appreciate. I can't wait to dig in the dirt with him/her. I never have really liked worms, but I'm pretty sure Nana will handle her share of them. Frogs....let's catch them! I can't wait to grab the salt and a flashlight to slug hunt. To run through the sprinkler and lay under the stars. I can't wait to be a Nana. I have plans for this little one. To celebrate everyday as a true gift from God with him/her. To make everyday a red plate day! 

Yes my life has entered a new season. I would even to venture out and say there are homemade cookies in store for this precious one. Cookies made with tiny hands, while standing on a kitchen chair. I cannot wait to go to Carters! To see the look of enchantment at Christmas and listen to the true reason of Christmas through the eyes of a child.  To see him/her sitting in Papa's lap. I can’t wait to decorate my refrigerator with award winning stick-figure art. To sing silly songs! To hear that phone call that says “I’m coming to visit you, Nana!” To watch the eyes of innocent take in the world around them. To go fishing and ballgames and recitals and plays. To wear the tee shirts that read...."I'm ____________Nana". 

I can’t wait to hear about when the first tooth came out, or his/her first heartbreak. I can’t wait to see the man/woman he/she grows up to be . The things that God has in store for this sweet child. 

That day my life was forever changed.  I'm going to be a Nana! Yes! I WILL be that Nana that stops strangers in the street to show them the pictures of My Grandbaby! I will be that Nana that is entertained by all they do, claiming this is the most perfect child ever -- I'm that kind of Nana!

 

 

 

 

 




Sitting with breathless anticipation At His Feet forever thanking Him for this child!



7186FE227EE03B3F1C9FDC667B1ECA70

1 comments:

Lorie August 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

Missy,
I love all you said and more, especially right now while they are living here 24/7! I am kind of ready for it to go back to Meme and Papa's house , but I know I'll miss it when its quiet. I It's never a dull moment around here right now or a clean one. I'm so happy for you. Just wait til you hear that sweet prayer before meals!
Love ya, Lorie

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP